Monday, August 29, 2011

wisdom tooth

Dear Sumire,

I had a surgery to remove 2 of my wisdom tooth on my right. It had to be done since it was impacted and was getting too near to the nerves. It was causing me so much pain that I had an injection on my butt at 2a.m. in the morning. the pain was so unbearable that I was trembling so badly as I drove to Subang Medical Center. The tooth had to go.

It's not so easy to summarize the whole experience. I mean, it was way scarier then what I thought. It's almost like the dentist is treating you like a nut cracker, where you heard noise of nuts cracking inside your mouth, but only, it's not nuts. It's the tooth which is cracking. *Prakkk* Now imagine that kind of loud jolt with a huge plyer in your mouth.

Damn, I swear, no nuts for me for this few months. (It's not like I can eat them anyway with my current *toothless* condition.)

The dentist told me the procedures would be completed in 45 minutes tops. But in the end, it was extended to a full 2 hours, due to the fact that the horizontally impacted on the bottom right was not able to be extracted with ease. That's when the language became scarier.
"Hand me the bone cutter. I think I'll need to cut into his jaw."
I have to admit, I requested for more local anesthetics because it became painful halfway through the procedure. After that, I don't feel a thing in my mouth. But it's still scary how the dentist puts her tools into my mouth without me feeling anything. I felt helpless. All I thought of at the moment is for the whole thing to end a.s.a.p. Gosh! But it's almost like it will never end.

Seriously, when the dentist said it was done, I released a happy smile. But maybe, it doesn't look like a smile at all. LOL

Aww. And look at how much it swells after the procedure. Aww.

And the worst part of all? I still have two wisdom tooth on my left to remove. FML
jin

2 comments:

  1. so thank goodness i've never experienced that. i have all my wisdom teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my Aunt went for the same procedure and she said it was excruciating >.< Hope it went well with the other two~ Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails