Tuesday, August 30, 2011

fragility of relationship

Dear Sumire,

Yesterday I went on on a supper with this one guy I'd known almost all my my life. And he told me he had a broke-up like 3 weeks ago. For a moment, I was stunned.

He was one of my best friend ever, and to tell the truth, I'd always envied him. He had a calm heart and mind. He have the most serene relationship,and I'd never heard any problems regarding it. Like I say, I envied him.

So this one news I heard about him having a break-up was shocking. I thought he was going 'really-steady'. I even thought I might get an wedding invitation sometime next year or so. But a break-up? It makes me question the fragility of love. Wait, maybe the fragility of a relationship would sound more like it.

I wonder why people get together. Is it because of love? Or was it because we humans just need another being to hang on? If that's the case, is that why most of the long-distance-relationships failed?

I'd been told, relationship is not about give and take. It's much more than that. It's about love. It's about being happy. Easier said than done isn't it? How many of yous out there had a really happy relationship?

But then, I'd also been told that being in a relationship means you learn to give and take; happily. if you can do so, then you're doing good. if you're not, you're pretty much screwed.

I'd also being told that being in a relationship is about having a commitment. If you trust that someone, then love him or her with all your heart. Commitment means you forget all the wrongs and errs before you and start committing to that one person again. Alright, now it sounds almost impossible to be done. After all, we're only humans. To err is human, to forgive divine.

So to speak, we are all on a difficult mission to seek and search for the other half. But to be with that someone until the end of the road is way harder.

jin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails