Friday, May 9, 2008

eXpecTatioNs

I’m having many problems lately. And one of them is meeting up with people’s expectations. Am I a doll or a dog? Why do I always have to meet up with people’s expectations? And who on earth told you I am what you expected me to be? You’re making a big mistake. I’m not Mr. Nice Guy and I’m an emotional dog-headed guy, got it?

I’d arguments with Amy, a housemate of mine recently. Although in truth the original matter does not concern me, her stubborn attitude made me burst off. And after a series of dumb arguments, I heard her saying this:

“I always expect you’re a gentleman. I always expect you would not bully girls. All the good images of you are wiped out from my mind after you smack the table yesterday.”

Oh God, please! I’d never consider myself a gentleman. Well Amy? You don’t know me. Consider me a devil. I bully girls ever since I was Form 1. I pulled their hair, I made them cry. No, I’m not a gentleman. I’m obviously nowhere near gentle. Well, ask my friends around me. How do I actually get to know them all? No sweet talk or gentle caress my dear. I play rough, all the time. When I’m not in the mood, I keep myself silent. If I’m happy, I’ll make noises that irritate everyone. If I’m angry, I shout and scream until my throat is sore. And I don’t do people’s expectations. If you had an expectation like “Eugene is a gentleman”, I’ll prove you otherwise. I believed people who knew me well would’ve said, “Eugene is only an emotional knucklehead and nothing more. He could’ve been dumb and stupid, but gentleman is totally out of the topic.”

Stop judging me using your expectations, people. Not just Amy, but many others as well.

Crap. I injured my head recently. And my head had been killing me even before I got injured. The external injury only doubles my pain. I lose my balance and I felt dizzy almost all the time. Having unnecessary quarrels and arguments tripled my pain. Having people judging me from their imaginary expectations? That would just multiply my pain by four. I had enough headaches already. I’m tired of arguments. Let me rest, you people. Let me rest.

7 comments:

  1. expectations help ppl to improve and become the best that they can be..
    ppl dont mean to pressure you..
    but they believe that you can be more ~

    in amy's case i dunno la... haha... she memang bebal...

    i jus want you to try to see expectations as a positive motivation, not as following orders and commands of others.

    if u can be someone better that who you are now... why not??

    dear, you see things too pessimistically d... lighten up ba ^^ dun too emo and terburu-buru k~~ muaksss

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok.. thanks for byby's support..

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i removed those comments. i juz feel it's a lil disturbing, coz i hate non-related comments.

    anyway, thanks for visiting, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering are you a guy or just a behalf of male...non-related comments just reflects the real of you...please accept what and who you are, don't act just a pondan, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. flaming ppl's blog is not a very nice thing to do? using words like fucker, asshole and wassover is non-related. and, using ppl's name in ur comment, it's another aspect i consider as non-related. who ever u are, i mean, what ever you are, joanne, or amy, i think u held grudge over me. i do things and i dun run away. see, what u condemned me of doing, i typed it out right here in my blog. so, i'm accepting who i am. i just dun need ppl to expect me to be a gentleman. come on, i'm rude all my life. and i'd been so, to all people who dun deserve any respect. who cares if u're older, but can't use ur mind like a real adult? bitching around when things go wrong? i dun need to respect people like dis. i dun expect anything from people from your kind, so i dun expect u to expect anything from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 你不是一为君子,我是绝对赞成的.你把你的意见放上网,接受别人的意见是理所当然的事.你把别人给你的意见给删除掉,证明你是接受不了批评!你只会去猜测有人故意贬低你...
    你接受的意见你会保留,而你觉得像泼妇,混蛋,或是任何你觉得讨厌的,你一句不喜欢就删除了,那其他人就不懂别人写给你的意见,那公平吗?只有你单方面了解罢了.
    请你成熟一点吧!身为一位成年的男人,思想方法还那么单纯,把男人的脸给丢清了!别再像一个初出茅庐还在喝你妈奶的婴儿了!
    如过你还是想不通,那你就别再身为人了,快自我了解吧!

    ReplyDelete
  7. u see, i dont take ppl's view for granted. i just dont take condemning people's comments.

    why are u typing in chinese? i'm english educated. no matter. i can stil understand u anyway.

    see, it's not dat i removed them because its discouraging. yet, it's because you're flaming my site. again i told u, that ur comments wont affect me.

    its funny u know, as u're leaving a comment for a post which is actualy 5 months old. if u're pregnant, u're already about to be a mother by this time. wad ever dawg, happy commenting~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails