Monday, May 12, 2008

mOtHeR's Day!

I went back to Melaka for a couple of days, on family purposes. I’d my grandfather’s birthday to catch, and a Mother’s Day celebration I can’t miss! The biggest headache that played in my mind for the previous week was “What to buy for mummy?”

After cracking my mind for quite some time, I ask Aj for her opinion. She thought of making something exclusively for my mum. She thought of making some ‘paper flowers’ for her. First thing that comes to my mind? “How do we make these paper flowers?” Aj then told me she’ll guide me through the process. If there’s someone who can teach, then it sounds perfectly fine to me.

We started out by getting the materials needed. We got almost everything from the florist’s shop Joo Ee used to work in. Only after that do we realize that we missed out the most important raw material of all: serviettes. Sold at a sundry shop at only RM1 per pack, I guess these ‘tissues’ are the most important yet the cheapest material used in the making of the flowers!

Well, I feel like I’m too old for handicrafts. My skills are putted into test. And the result is I failed miserably. The paper flowers are supposed to look like roses.. But no matter how hard I tried, what I make still looked like tissue paper. Thank god, after countless times of trial and error, I finally managed to make some nice ones.

The bouquet of fake flowers is finally perfected, all thanks to Aj’s brilliant idea and Joo Ee’s wonderful wrapping skills! Well, I hope mummy love it!

Here's how the paper flowers looked like.

Here’s my mummy, me and the little present we prepared for her!

All 3 pretty girls of my life!

I love this picture. Mummy's flowers make me look so gay. Haha..

A day before mother’s day, I went back to Sungai Rambai to celebrate my grandfather’s birthday. It’s actually a double celebration since we actually celebrated mother’s day as well. After all, my grandmother had so many children and grandchildren!

My sister and I did a lot of silly stuffs, even when we’re on the way. I had lots of laughs even though my headache is present at the moment. Took lots of crazy pictures! We laugh until we reach the restaurant.

This picture is taken in daddy's car!

Love this sampat little sister of mine!

The restaurant is somewhere near Merlimau, I guess. Seriously, I hate that restaurant. It actually seems like there’s no other restaurant at that area. Every celebration is held at that sole restaurant. But the thing is there’s nothing special with the food they prepare. The restaurant is boring, and the taste is getting worse from time to time. That place is also getting boring. I’ve been there since I was in primary school. I wonder if everyone’s feeling the same as me.

Anyway, the celebration is cool. My grandparents are smiling all the way!

My family with my grandparents.

To see all pictures dat we took during mother's day, click here!

Oh yea! I had my haircut again! I wanted to get it real short, but the barber suggested me not to, so in the end my hair looked spiky. Not that bad anyway, just not short enough. At least i don't look messy and sleepy like before.

Before the haircut, i looked sleepy and motionless..
Tadaa~ My new look! Looked more energetic?

So, anyone had any comments to drop here? This blog is boring. Not much comments. Oh God. It's getting real late! I'd class at 10a.m. tomorrow. I better get some sleep. Not enough rest lately.. Alright then, good night all! Happy Belated Mother's Day to every mums out there! You girls rocks!



2 comments:

  1. yealo~~~
    why your blog no comments de??
    haha~~
    not popular enough laa u...

    nvm, here's your kipas susah mati's comment XD
    hehe...
    supporting u 4 ever ! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. thanks for byby's comment! muackss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails