Thursday, May 13, 2010

robin hood

Dear Sumire,

Wanted to watch the 'Losers' yesterday, but the last show was at 3pm or so. I reached around 4. :-(

Robin Hood

I am already at Leisure Mall anyway, and I browse through the now showing board and Robin Hood caught my eyes. I'd wanted to see this show since I saw the poster a few months back in The Summit. It's the same director that brought us the award winning 'Gladiator', and I know I won't be disappointed.

The last movie Crowe stared in is 'Body of Lies'. He gained a lot of weight and look a lot clumsier in that film. "He's no longer the fit Maximus in the Gladiator anymore," I thought.

AND I was wrong. He's back in shape to star in this film as Robin Longstride, an archer in King Richard the Lionheart's army of Crusade. And I'd say that he look exactly like how he looked like in Gladiator. Is it a make up special effect or what? Gladiator was a film made a decade ago!

I'm not gonna drag on with the synopsis of the story, but I'll tell you what I think of this film. It's unlike any Robin Hood's film I'd ever seen. This is not the tale of Robin's life. A story of how an archer pose as a crusader to go back to his birthplace and to Nottingham because of a Crusader's dying wish. A story of a nobody that became a leader of a united England's army. The story of Robin Hood becoming an outlaw. This is a story of the great Robin Hood in the making. The story how Robin Longstride became Robin Hood.

The visual effects are magnificent, but you won't feel that it's a show off in this film. I guess you already could guess that part on your own if you'd watched Gladiator before.

Although I'm a little disappointed that I did not get to watch the Losers, I'm glad I'd watch Robin Hood. I call this the best depiction of Robin Hood ever made!

A must watch!
jin

4 comments:

  1. thanks! shall watch it one of these days...after ironman, ipman..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watch it though Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a very nice movie. should catch it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. heard it good......must be a classic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails