Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chloe

Dear Sumire,

I haven't, posted anything here for a while now. So here's a repost from our Breathing Pictures Official Blog. :-)

Hello Breathers!
2 months ago, we released a horror short film 'Chloe'. The main reason we made the film is actually as a testing ground: as to how much time we need to make a short film of approximately 15-20 mins of time.
Dominic as Sam. Dominic have to travel back and forth from JB to Melaka on weekends to help out with this film.
Appreciated the time and effort to help out!

The writing began much earlier, but it wasn't until 2 weeks before shooting I made a massive rewrite! Imagine a family drama rewritten into a horror film. That precisely what we did.
We then start our recruiting process. And lucky we are, my good cousin Dominic and Janice offered to help out. With the actor & actress set, our remaining problem would be the make-up artist. I contacted my junior from secondary school, Celina and almost immediately, she agreed to help us out with the make up. At the last minute, my cousin Janice have to drop out due to the courses she need to attend.
Celina applying the scar make-up effects on Dominic's face.

We started panicking big time. Then Eunice called up one of her friend and she agreed to help out. Dominic, Celina and Chiew Lian are such big help! Without them, this short film will never see the light of day!
Chiew Lian is currently preparing for her STPM examination.
Thanks for helping us out even with your super duper tight schedule!

Filming took a total of 5 days over the course of 3 weeks. Not everything went smoothly. I broke my LED lights due to my carelessness. Many people help us out with this mini-production. That includes some old friends of mine, and my family members.
Our group photo during an outdoor scene.
It was a great experience shooting with friends and family. I appreciate all the support! After the shooting was over, my nightmare begun. I have more than 200 footage to go through. Syncing the audio, color adjustment, and not to mention the extremely long video export and upload!
Trust me when I say the video export process took more than 6 hours.
Well, all the hardwork is over and I hereby present you:


Enjoy the show,
Eugene
Breathing Pictures Production
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails