Wednesday, October 24, 2012

symphony no. 1 in a minor, op. 12

Dear Sumire,

Here I am again typing from my laptop. This month had been hectic on me. Not a lucky month so to say. Running tight in the wallet, even though they're really things I really wanted to buy still on my "Wanted List".

Anyway, I didn't plan to rant here today. I'm about to write and share about awesome free music again!
http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a104855/symphony-no.-1-in-a-minor-op.-12

Don't let this album cover fool you. Although it sounds classical, it's laced and creamed with metal music.
I'd never wonder that classical and metal could be meshed together to form some head banging music. But Daniel Bautista did it. This free album is made up of 4 tracks; each track called 'Movement' + 3 bonus tracks. All these tracks featured some really awesome guitar works, and it was all breathtaking! I can't forget to mention the drum and bass. Guitars, drums and bass coexist with an orchestral body to create an epic, intense, hard and brutal classic movement. The symphony is sizzling, and if I didn't know better, I would've thought my Audio Technica ATH-Pro5Mk2 was smoking from all the heat!

I can't help but notice Movement 4 - Allegro Ma Non Troppo some how feels familiar. It's not like I heard music like this anywhere else before this; it's just that this particular track reminds me of guitar solos from our local rock bands we are all familiar with and categorized as 'Rock Kapak'.

The first four tracks had me trying to catch my breath. It was heavy, bassy and melodic. It was sophisticated, memorable and complex.Yet, the bonus track: Gymnopedie no. 1 (Satie) was a beautiful & simple acoustic rendition that didn't requires listeners to do any head-banging.

All and all, I enjoyed this instrumental album very much.
Highly recommended. :)
jin

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails