Tuesday, June 3, 2008

caMeRa diLeMma

I’m typing this entry from mamak restaurant with wi-fi. I'm so tired after such a long day. Currently, I’m doing a part-time job. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the DSLR I need next semester. DSLR prices kills! Even cheap normal performance ones cost at least 2k and above. My lecturer recommends D60-D70 for Nikon, and 450D for Canon. D60 cost around 2.4k, and others I’ve no idea. I like Canon’s 450D, but from what I read, the kit lens sucks. Now, I’ve no idea.
Left: Nikon's D60. Right: Canon's 450D


Well, from what i heard, 450D auto focus much faster, but D60 is much more user friendly, but with no auto focus. Well, most reviews on the net actually suggest getting a Nikon D80 instead of this entry level DSLR, but I'm well aware of the expensive lenses I'm gonna need if I'm to get one.

So, my option is again back to D60 and 450D. Damn.. This is what I get to summarize from the net..
D60
Pros:
i. Small, light and well-built.

ii. Very easy to use with helpful menus.
iii. Virtually fool-proof metering.
iv. Excellent DX 18-55mm VR kit lens option.

Cons:
i. No auto-focus with certain lenses.
ii. Some settings require too many button presses.
iii. Anti-dust system not infallible.


450D
Pros:
i. Good handling and image quality.
ii. Decent viewfinder and accurate Live View.
iii. Kit includes stabilized lens.
iv. PC remote control software supplied

Cons:
i. Live View not as fuss-free as Sony A350.

ii. Bad lousy lens kit


I need real advice here man... Any pro DSLR enthusiast willing to help me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails