Tuesday, January 12, 2010

god bless malaysia

Dear Sumire,

When my mum told me about the church’s arson over the ‘Allah’ dispute, I was shocked. I couldn’t believe such a thing is actually happening in Malaysia. I read it in newspaper all the time that churches are burned or destroyed in many places in the world. But I’m always grateful that I lived in Malaysia where people of all religions could chit-chat while having a nice cup of coffee together.

Are things changing now?

Maybe the ones who set the Molotov-cocktails are opportunists. They took full advantage of the havoc, when the court ruled that the non-Muslims can use the world ‘Allah’ in referring God in non-Muslim’s publications. I want to believe it is not my fellow Malay or Muslims friend who set my fellow Christian’s churches on fire. I truly want to believe that it was the work of opportunist that wanted to raise even more racial and religious panics among Malaysians.

But here are my two-cents. The request of ban itself is ridiculous. Totally ridiculous. The Christians in Sabah and Sarawak had been using the word Allah since forever. Their masses are celebrated in Bahasa. Now don’t tell me now they cannot celebrate Allah anymore.

Our God is the one and the same! He’s the One who sent Nabi Ibrahim (Abraham), Nabi Yaakub (Jacob), Nabi Musa (Moses), Nabi Daud (David), and also Nabi Isa (Jesus). Please don’t tell me to differentiate my God from your Allah. To me, He’s the One and the same. We just celebrate his Glory in our own and different ways.

If the ban of the usage of the word is to succeed, it would mean that some of us could never be able to sing our state anthem ever again, just because we’re not Muslims. It’s wrong, and unfair. Everyone have to be proud of their own state. It’s the place we come from. The feeling have no mind of what being our religion or skin color.

Perak
Dilanjutkan Allah usianya Sultan
Adil dan murah memerintah watan
Ditaati rakyat kiri dan kanan
Iman yang soleh Allah kurniakan
Allah berkati Perak Ridzuan
Allah selamatkan Negeri dan Sultan.

Pahang
Ya Allah Yang Masa Kuasa,
Lanjutkan Usia Duli Yang Maha Mulia,
Dirgahayu, Darul Makmur,
Aman dan Bahagia Sentiasa,
Ya Allah Selamatkan Duli Tuanku Raja Kami

Kelantan
Lanjutkan usia Al-Sultan kami
Sultan Kelantan raja ikrami
Aman sentosa Tuhan sirami
Kekal memerintah kami

Kasih dan taat setia disembahkan
Keriangan diucapkan
Segala kebesaran Allah cucurkan
Bertambah kemuliaan

Selangor
Duli Yang Maha Mulia
Selamat di atas takhta
Allah lanjutkan usia Tuanku
Rakyat mohon restu bawah Duli Tuanku
Bahagia selama-lamanya
Aman dan sentosa
Duli Yang Maha Mulia

Just after months we shouted Satu Malaysia, we’re facing church arsons from some barbarians without any concern towards the peace and understanding in Malaysia. I hope the issue would stop soon. I must say that I love my family, my friends, my country and my religion. And I will never want this issue to harm any of them.


If, you're like me, which is in support of the word of Allah being used by the whole nation, please don't do anything reckless. Just join this group in Facebook [We support the use of the name Allah by all Malaysians], and let us all pray in peace and hope that God hear all our prayers.

If you want to read more about Allah or God; I suggest you read these for a better understanding:
(i) Qur’an: Muslims and Christians worship same God
(ii) Allah

God bless Malaysia,
Jin

2 comments:

  1. Good post.
    Thanks for putting the examples in.
    Yes - I agree with you 100% the is only ONE God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eugene, I can't find any chat box so I leave my message here. :p I had updated the link to your blog as you told me. Like your blog template. =) See you during CNY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails