Saturday, April 2, 2011

this is a tribute

Dear Sumire,

Tonight, I'm not blogging about movies, myself, or my ever existing ranting. Tonight, I'm blogging about one of the greatest man in the world I've ever known.

My Grandfather's birthday on 2005

The man I’m talking about here is my grandfather and we lost him last Saturday. He blew his last breath on 10.45p.m 26th of March 2011. He passed away at the ripe age of 82.

This one picture I took, is one of my favorite ever. 2009.

It never occurred to me that he would leave us so soon. He had always been healthy. For a man in his 80s, he looks good. He had those shiny bright eyes, tanned skin, perfect posture, and big personality. Whenever I looked up at him, I would be embarrassed with my own posture. He stands up straight, and walks around with confidence you’d never seen before.

Chinese New Year 2010

When I received the news last year from my cousin sister, through a Facebook message, I fell into a devastated state. In that message, he told us that our grandfather had a tumor on his pancreas, and it was inoperable. Not being able to accept such a news, I sat there at the balcony, and all I could do is cry.

The last picture I ever take with my grandfather.
Chinese New Year 2011

I missed him every now and then. I caught myself peeking into older pictures when he was still so healthy and strong. He's gone now, but he'll always live on, in the hearts of our family members.

I will always miss you. Rest in peace, Ah Kong.

We love you,
jin

4 comments:

  1. I can tell the big difference from the pictures of 2010 and 2011, =[

    Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't be too sad, my grandpa also just passed away. will miss him a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails