Tuesday, May 19, 2009

St cHriStoPher saVeD mE frOm tHe caR cRaSh

It happened this Saturday. 16th of May 2009. I was coming back from Ayer Hitam after tuning my car at Ashraf’s NGV workshop. My dad was the one who’d drove there, and he said he was tired so he handed over the keys to me.

I took the highway. My dad was already sleeping. I wasn’t going too fast at the moment. Even when I’m going down the slope, I was only at 100km/h. It’s not really slow, but it’s considered not too extreme for highway’s standard. 5km before I reached the Pagoh’s toll, I heard a sound of explosion that goes, “Pom!” I thought I was hit.

The next thing I saw was my car heading towards the divider. I couldn’t steer to change the direction of my vehicle anymore. I went into a straight collision with the divider.

My car crash and I started screaming calling for my father. Glass starts to shatter and enter my mouth. My windscreen cracked and spider-webbed. I couldn’t see anything in front of me anymore.

The car rolled off the highway to the grassy plane on the left. The grassy area is sort of a slope. My car rolled over and over again vertically. The car is rolling very fast, and I’m still screaming for my dad.

Then it stopped. My dad was conscious. He asked me what happened and got off the car fast. I tried to open my door. It’s still good. I took off my safety belt. But it was then that I realize I was trembling like crazy. I had blood oozing out from my lips and forehead. Although I wasn’t stuck inside my car, I couldn’t get my feet to move out of my car. I’m trembling and shaking.

My dad came over to pull me out. He helped me to the side. When I looked back at the highway, I think we flew off around 50-60metres away. I can’t be too sure of the distance. And there’s no other car that hit me. I don’t know where the sound of impact came from.

Some Malay guys sprung out of nowhere and helped us. One of them sent me to the hospital. I was sent to Hospital Pakar Sultanah Fatimah at Muar. The doc at the emergency ward had me X-Rayed. Then she told me I’d to be admitted. I’d no idea what happened. All I know is that I had injured my neck. They immediately put on a neck collar on me. My mum came with my uncle and aunt. They hurried all the way to Muar after my dad told them about the accident.


Me in the collar. I looked like shit.

Then I was sent to the orthopedics’ ward. There I learned that I misaligned some neck bones, but I can be discharge the next day. At the moment my dad and mum is already there with me. He’s fine except for some minor scratches on his left elbow. I’m just happy that he’s fine. I’m really glad that he’s fine. If anything happened to him, I don’t know if I can forgive myself.

Everybody that had seen that car said that it’s a miracle that we’re both still alive. Some said that we’re hell lucky. Some said God was with us. Whatever it is, I thank God for still being to blog and all.


My dad took this picture after it's towed back to Melaka. I haven't seen the car yet after I crashed it.

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, I didn't know the car was that teruk... Both of you are indeed very lucky... So how are you now? Still need to use the neck collar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. they said it's ok if i dun wear them, so they off it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad u're still here, being able to see u everyday, gaduh and all ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... didnt know you were only grateful for still being able to blog~

    ReplyDelete
  5. ceh. is gado everything u can think of?
    i glad i'm still able of drawing every breath, to disturb everyone around me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave mummy 2 read ur blog. who knws she would cry.... Thanks God that both u n daddy safe.. =) must take care urself k? we at Melaka can't take care of you. must imform us if anything happen. Love you =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. =) just be grateful we're all safe.. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails