Monday, March 14, 2011

location scouting

Dear Sumire,

It had been so long since I last took out my d80 off the beg to shoot anything worth posting. But last week, my internship supervisor ask me to go out for location scouting. So, shooting is no longer an option.

Seriously, I had already forget how awful it is to stand under the burning sun looking out for something which looks interesting through the lens. If you're wondering what kind of location I'm scouting out for, it would be KL cityscape and tight back alleys of Kuala Lumpur.

Well the task is already completed. And I was awfully happy (fingers crossed, please, no more location scouting for me next time!) LOLed!

Here's some shot I'd like to share. I'm currently experimenting with HDR style. I guess some would say my pictures are not pore HDRs since I shoot in Jpeg and not Raw. And since I prefer a smoother style than the rough texture which HDR always provides, my pictures might not look very HDR to you. Anyway, I hope you all like these pictures. I'd appreciate critics!

I'm too easily distracted. Once I saw the dragonfly, I forgot all about cityscape and back alleys. :-P

Cityscape. just opposite KLCC.

KLCC. My photography lecturer Mr. Solihin commented that the tree is distracting.
Should've taken note of that.

A car at the back alley.


I kinda like this shot. But that's me.
Which one had too much flaws? Oh please spill it out to me!

I will try to come up with more pictures. I still haven't forgot I heart photography so much!

Chiaoz!
jin

7 comments:

  1. Are the pictures edited? love the back alley shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Hdr with single picture. I did some touch up in photoshop too.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My camera has the HDR function and I still dont really get the effect of it. From yr photos, I can see that it looks a bit cartoonised or what is that art term you guys called? I'm such a noob T_T

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow~ these photos are gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  5. hilda> erm, basically hdr means High Dynamic range, meaning you get every single detail in a same photo. So the shadow aint total black, and the sky aint total white. It'd also mean the texture in those shadow and highligh area is retained.

    But my pics aint real hdr since i didnt shoot in RAW... I used Jpeg, make a underexposed version and a overexposed version, and remerge them together, trying to get the same effect.

    And it's cartoonish coz I smooth them out.
    I hope that helps!

    cloudee> Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails