Sunday, September 5, 2010

media censorship

So, our Prime Minister is asking us to believe in our mainstream medias. Is our mainstream medias reliable? Are they giving us the correct information? Are the reporters and journalists allowed to jot and report the truth?
Now, what is the truth?
There you go truth. The two principals are never heard of ever again. Try going to The Star Online and search for Siti Inshah. Then search for Namewee. Compare the amount of articles that pop out. You'd be surprise by how different the double standard is. Oh yes double standard.

Why are there so little articles about the principle, and so much coverage is given to that Johorean Rap Artist? Are you saying that less people want to know about the principal? Nop. It's just simply because there are so many times where articles are not allowed to be published when because these articles are deemed as sensitive and couldn't get through the so called 'screening'.

I don't know many journalists anyway, but at least I follow the blog of one or two journalists which I find their writings are worth reading. For instant, Tun M's daughter's blog: Rantings by MM. I find her writing mind challenging, and she forces us to think, with our very own 'Malaysian Mindset'. And of course, since she's a journalist, she too have some articles which didn't make it to the papers, for instance; this particular one: The Column that Wasn't. Click on it and read it. You'll understand what I'm talking about.

Get this right, I'm not ssupporting Namewee, and I watched that video online. I laugh at how he humiliate Siti Inshah but hey, I don't see any racism there. As far as I can tell, he's humiliating a racist principal of a secondary school. I don't get it when they said he was making seditious remarks. Funny I'd say.

So now, the government iss going to screen our blogs as well? Read it here - Malaysia to monitor Internet for Harmful Blogs. I guess the government realize that blogger are a very much more powerful force and now they're coming full fledge to bring bloggers down, once and for all.

This year, all I feel during the Independence day is - it's not worth celebrating at all. Tired of all these political based movements. I don't feel freedom. I wouldn't even say 'Merdeka' when even writing on a personal blogs have to go through censorship. This is a sad year for Malaysia.

Disappointed.
jin

2 comments:

  1. Yeah totally agree, cause they are of the same race, they get protected and as for chinese, we get PUBLICITY :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, the only way to stop all this crap is to change the govt. as i see it, when the govt is changed, so will the mindset of the ppl..

    so register as a voter now and vote BN out in the next general election!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails